A ketogenic diet, or keto diet, is a very low-carb diet for weight loss. It’s hard to follow because of the challenging food options, and it can cause side effects. How can you support your efforts and see the results you deserve?
A keto BHB supplement may be able to help. A Keto BHB Patch or the Keto Support Patch Pack by PatchAid can provide keto BHB benefits to help you get the most from your diet without as many side effects from going low-carb. Be sure to talk to your doctor before starting a keto diet or using a keto BHB supplement or patch.
A Keto Diet for Weight Loss
A keto diet is a very low carb diet that’s often used for weight loss. The goal of following a keto diet is to eat so few carbohydrates that your metabolism shifts. Instead of using carbohydrates as your main energy source, your body burns its own body fat for fuel. That means you would lose weight.
There are other reasons why people may follow a keto diet.
- They may believe it’s healthy for the heart.
- They may be trying to lower blood sugar and avoid triggering large insulin responses.
- They may be trying to prepare for a long-distance or endurance athletic event and want their bodies to be able to use fat during the competition, since carbohydrate stores in your body are limited.
A keto diet is very low in carbohydrates. While many people eat 130 to 300 grams of carbohydrates daily, a keto diet may include only 20 to 30 grams daily. That means most high-carb foods are not allowed on the diet.
These are the types of foods you are likely to include on a keto diet.
- Fats, such as butter and oil.
- Proteins, such as meats, chicken, turkey, fish, and eggs.
- Nuts and seeds.
- Lettuce, green leafy vegetables, and other non-starchy vegetables.
- Water, coffee, and tea without sugar and with or without cream.
- Plain Greek yogurt.
These foods are unlikely to be regular on your keto diet.
- Refined or whole grains, including bread, pasta, cereal, rice, and pretzels.
- Starchy vegetables, such as potatoes, yams, corn, peas, and winter squash.
- Legumes, such as beans, peas, and lentils.
- Fruits, such as berries, citrus fruits, apples, bananas, peaches, cherries, and melons.
- Sugar-sweetened beverages.
As you can see, a keto diet is strict! You need to keep carbs low enough to kick your body into ketosis, or fat-burning, and keep it there.
Keto Diet Side Effects
You may be following a keto diet to lose weight, gain energy, and feel healthier, but the diet can start off pretty rough. When you achieve ketosis and your body switches to burning fat and ketones, your body produces byproducts, such as beta hydroxybutyrate.
There can be side effects to changing your metabolism. These are some common side effects of going into ketosis.
- Feeling tired and weak.
- Being confused and having trouble thinking clearly.
- Feeling sick to your stomach or nauseous.
- Being constipated, which can be the result of mild dehydration and the lack of fiber.
- Noticing bad breath or a bad taste in your mouth.
- Having a headache or muscle aches or cramps.
Of course, there’s also the possible side effect of missing some high-carb foods you may love, such as pasta, cookies, chips, bananas, or pizza.
And, a keto diet may have some long-term side effects. These can be the effects of skipping high-fiber, high-antioxidant carbs. Whole grains, beans, and fruit are examples of highly nutritious sources of carbohydrates that you might not include regularly on a keto diet. It’s possible that a low-fiber diet, together with the lack of a variety of antioxidants from plant-based foods, could have bad implications for heart health down the line. Another concern is the potentially high amount of saturated fat if you choose a lot of butter and fatty meats on your keto diet.
It seems that Keto BHB supplements may be able to reduce these effects by supporting ketosis without having so few carbs.*
KETO BHB Supplements as Support for Ketosis
Keto BHB supplements may be able to help. When you put keto BHB into your body, your body may think that the keto BHB is the result of ketosis. That is, you’re tricking your body into thinking that you’re following a super low-carb diet even if it’s not otherwise low enough to achieve and maintain ketosis.
Keto BHB benefits can include the following.*
- Helps your body get into ketosis or stay in ketosis while eating a few more grams of carbs than you would expect to need to eat if you wanted to follow a keto diet.
- Helps reduce the side effects, which can be especially severe right at the beginning of a keto diet.
It is possible that keto BHB may help with weight loss even at a slightly higher level of carbohydrate consumption.
Keto BHB capsules and powders are the most common forms of keto BHB supplements for consumers. Keto BHB esters in liquid form are more common in research studies and are less available on store shelves.
Keto BHB side effects can include the following.
- Bad aftertaste after swallowing keto BHB capsules or powder.
- Digestive-related problems, such as nausea, diarrhea, and an upset stomach.
- Unknown effects of long-term supplementation.
Troubles related to digestion and aftertaste are only a problem with keto BHB pills and other supplements that you swallow, such as capsules and liquids. A Keto BHB Patch wouldn’t lead to an aftertaste or an upset stomach related to the digestive process.
Keto BHB Plus Patch
The Keto BHB Plus Patch from PatchAid contains three different sources of beta-hydroxybutyrate, or BHB. That’s the active form in keto BHB supplements.
- Magnesium BHB - 200 mg
- Calcium BHB - 150 mg
- Sodium BHB - 50 mg
The Keto BHB Patch from PatchAid has other ingredients to support your weight loss and health goals.*
- Apple cider vinegar. It’s been used to support weight loss and lower blood sugar and cholesterol.
- Green tea. It’s naturally rich in antioxidants such as ECGC, and has been used for metabolism and fat burning support, along with promoting heart health. It’s also been used to support better cognitive function.
- Garcinia cambogia. It’s a popular weight loss supplement that can help reduce appetite, which makes it easier to eat less and lose weight. It has also been used to support speedier metabolism, and burning calories ia a great way to support weight loss.
The Keto BHB Plus Patch by PatchAid may:*
- Support normal metabolism.
- Prevent appetite from being abnormally large.
- Support ketosis or the breakdown of fat for fuel in the body.
- Promote heart health.
- Support normal memory and cognitive function.
Keto Support Patch Pack
The Keto Support Patch Pack by PatchAid is designed to support a ketogenic diet and your weight loss. The patches it has include ingredients for weight loss and to help you feel better and support healthier body systems.*
The Keto Support Patch Pack has these patches.
The Omega-3 Vitamin Patch includes omega-3 fatty acids including DHA, EPA, and ALA. It also has antioxidants such as astaxanthin and coenzyme Q10 in the form of ubiquinol, which is the most common active form in the blood. Other ingredients include black currant seed oil, Antarctic krill oil, and phosphatidylcholine and phosphatidylserine, which are needed for healthy cell membranes.*
The Omega-3 Vitamin Patch may do the following.*
- Support cellular integrity and structure.
- Support heart and brain health.
- Protect cells against damaging effects of compounds called free radicals.
The Focus and Clarity Patch can be a good idea if you’re worried about a keto diet causing fogginess and fatigue.* It has B vitamins as well as antioxidants such as vitamins C and E. Zinc and chromium are needed for normal carbohydrate metabolism, and this patch also has L-theanine, Lion’s mane, and ginkgo biloba, along with other herbal and natural ingredients that have been used for cognitive support.
The Focus and Clarity Patch may do the following.*
- Support normal energy metabolism from fats and carbohydrates.
- Support brain health and focus.
- Promote cellular integrity.
- Maintain normal immune function.
Ask your doctor if the Keto Support Patch Pack may be a good idea for supporting you in your low-carb diet.
A keto diet can be effective for weight loss and metabolic health improvements, but it can be tough to follow because of the low carb count and the possible side effects. The Keto BHB Plus Patch from PatchAid or the Keto Support Patch Pack from PatchAid may be able to help. You deserve to get the most from your efforts. Just ask your doctor whether these convenient keto BHB supplements may be right for you.
*The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. PatchAid patches are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone with a medical condition should seek the advice of a licensed medical practitioner. Individual results may vary.