The body needs vitamin D for bone health and so much more. Read on to find out why the body needs vitamin D, what the benefits are, who may need vitamin D supplements, and why PatchAid Vitamin D3 Topical Patches are so easy to use. Just be sure to ask your doctor before using any dietary supplement.
Roles of Vitamin D*
One of the most familiar reasons that the body needs vitamin D is to aid in calcium absorption and utilization. Calcium is a mineral and an essential nutrient for strong bones. Without enough vitamin D, adults can develop a condition called osteomalacia.
Vitamin D is also essential for many other functions in the body.
- It allows for normal cell differentiation, which is critical in preventing cancerous growth of cells.
- It is needed for normal insulin secretion and glucose metabolism to prevent diabetes.
- It is essential for maintaining normal blood pressure.
- It affects activity of the immune system.
If you are low in vitamin D, getting it from supplements can help lower the risk for bone disorders, multiple sclerosis, cancer, and cognitive decline.*
Why YOU May Need Vitamin D Supplements
If you can get vitamin D from the sun and from food, why would you even worry about a deficiency? Well, it turns out that a lot of people are low in vitamin D. In fact, almost half of Americans could use more vitamin D.
A deficiency can be due to not getting enough sunlight, having a decreased ability of the skin to make vitamin D, or to trouble absorbing nutrients, for example. Nearly all bariatric surgery patients are deficient in vitamin D.
Here are some more people who are at risk for vitamin D deficiency.
- Older adults.
- People with dark skin.
- People who use sunscreen or cover their skin with clothing.
- People without much sun exposure.
- People who live in northern climates.
Vitamin D3 Patches by PatchAid
The PatchAid Vitamin D3/Calcium and Vitamin D3 with K2 Vitamin Patches both have over 5000 IU of vitamin D, along with calcium, magnesium, and vitamin K. You can apply one patch and leave it on for up to 8 hours while you sleep or go about your regular daily routine. Then remove the patch and discard it.
Check out these other benefits of topical patches.
- They’re easy to use. You don’t have to choke down pills.
- They can contain higher amounts of nutrients than some other forms of supplements, and a wider variety.
- It doesn’t matter if you take them with or without food - and that’s especially important with a nutrient such as calcium in our Vitamin D3 and Calcium patch. Many calcium chews or capsules need to be taken with food to avoid an upset stomach or increase absorption.
- You can use multiple patches at once (as long as your doctor approves). There’s no need to worry about vitamin D competing with other nutrients for absorption.
Are you at risk for vitamin D deficiency? Ask your doctor for a blood test to find out. Your body needs vitamin D for all sorts of reasons, including bone health, a strong immune system, and heart health. If you need more, ask about PatchAid Vitamin D3 Patches as an easy solution.
*The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. PatchAid patches are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone with a medical condition should seek the advice of a licensed medical practitioner. Individual results may vary.