We depend on our brains for everything that happens in our body. The brain produces thoughts, has memories, controls muscles, and regulates functions such as temperature control, metabolism, and cell replication. The brain accounts up to 25% of basal metabolic rate; that is, it uses 25% of the calories burned while resting.
A common concern when thinking about the brain is cognitive function. That includes things like memory and the ability to focus. Nobody wants cognitive decline as they age, but what can you do to slow or stop it?
Your diet and other lifestyle choices definitely affect brain function and memory. Also, the brain needs a range of nutrients to be at its best. Here are the basics of what you can do to support brain function and memory.
Diet for Brain Function
Before even talking about specific nutrients for brain health, don’t forget a healthy weight and blood sugar level. Obesity and high blood sugar are both linked to impaired brain function!
In addition, a healthy diet for the brain is similar to a healthy diet for the rest of your body.
- High in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- High in healthy fats.
- Low in fatty and processed meats, saturated fat, and fried foods.
- Low in refined carbohydrates such as refined starch and added sugars.
This type of diet is high in antioxidants.
Lifestyle for Brain Function
Being physically active, such as exercising every day, may be the best way to increase neuron production in your brain. Another principle is to exercise your brain by challenging it. These are some ways.
- Play brain games or cognitive games
- Do crossword puzzles or jigsaw puzzles
- Take different routes regularly
- Learn something like a language
- Take a class
Brain and Memory Patches
Let’s say you are leading a healthy lifestyle. You exercise, eat right, and challenge yourself with brain games, puzzles, or academic classes. Is there anything else you can do to improve brain function and memory?
Brain & Memory Vitamin Patches by PatchAid have many nutrients and natural substances that may be related to brain function. They may contain nutrients that are essential for brain health, or they can support processes in your body that support improved brain function and memory. For example:
- Focus and Clarity Patch - with B vitamins to support normal metabolism in the brain, and boosters such as ginkgo biloba and ginseng.
- Omega-3 Patch - with specific fats that are part of healthy brain structure.
- Sleep Aid Patch - to improve sleep, without dependency, so your brain can recover and focus the next day.
- Anti-Aging Patch - with antioxidants and a unique “longevity” blend.
It is okay to use multiple PatchAid Vitamin Patches at once. You might consider using the Brain Train Vitamin Patch Pack with all of the above patches.
Your brain is precious, so do your best to protect it! With good lifestyle choices and optimum nutrition, you can do your part to make your brain work at its best for you. If your healthcare provider agrees, PatchAid Brain and Memory Patches may be right for you to support improved brain function and memory.