How is your child’s diet? If your children are like many, they may not be getting recommended amounts of nutritious foods such as fruits, whole grains, fish, and beans. And if they do even eat vegetables at all, chances are that potatoes are the most common ones.
Your children may benefit from a multivitamin if any of the following are true.
- They are picky eaters. (A steady diet of plain spaghetti, bread and butter, or grilled cheese sandwiches is not adequate).
- They follow a special diet, such as dairy-free or vegan.
- They have a developmental delay or chronic health condition.
- They tend to be on the go all the time and you are unsure if they eat the recommended amounts from all food groups on most days.
Without eating a nutritious diet most days, children can be low in certain key nutrients. And that can lead to vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Kids are often low in iron,
On top of that, many children can be short on sleep.
If your children are chronically tired and/or have suboptimal nutrition, they may have any of these symptoms - or others.
- Tired during the day.
- Hyperactive at bedtime.
- Getting sick more often than other children.
- Stunted growth.
- Trouble concentrating at school.
- Disruptive behavior.
If you are concerned about your children’s nutrition or health, always be sure to ask their pediatrician. VItamin patches may be a good solution.