If you’re like many parents, your biggest goal in life may be helping your children grow up happy, healthy, and capable. Nutrition helps provide the foundation for that growth and development. Are your children getting the nutrients they need every day? Or do they need a daily vitamin supplement?
Patches for children from PatchAid include the Kids Multivitamin Plus with Omega-3 Topical Patch, and the Kids Sleep Aid Topical Patch. To make sure your children are getting the nourishment they need, talk to their pediatrician!
Why Children Can Fall Short on Nutrients
It doesn’t mean you’re a bad parent if your children aren’t meeting their nutritional needs from foods alone. It may just mean that you’re a normal parent if, on a typical day, your children are falling short in one or more of the more than 20 essential vitamins and minerals that they need.
Picky eaters can not only drive parents crazy, but can decrease the variety of foods and nutrients that they get on a daily basis. If they have a food jag and are eating only a few foods, or if they have food aversions and tend to avoid certain foods or food groups, they’re at risk for nutritional deficits due to eating a limited variety of foods.
Do any of the following sound familiar?
- Kids who won’t eat vegetables.
- Kids who only eat pasta or peanut butter.
- Kids who eat the same thing every day.
- Kids who only eat packaged foods.
Even children without pronounced picky eating habits can miss out on adequate amounts of one or more vitamins or minerals. It can be hard to get enough, with so many processed foods available. And some children seem to be more interested in running around and playing than in eating healthy foods.
A daily supplement, such as the Kids Multivitamin Plus with Omega-3 Topical Patch, can fill in gaps.
Benefits of a Daily Multivitamin for Kids
Every process in your body depends on nutrients. It’s necessary for children to be adequately nourished for the following to be present.*
- Normal energy production. B vitamins, magnesium, and many other nutrients are necessary for the body to use protein, fat, and carbohydrates for fuel.
- Proper formation of red blood cells to deliver oxygen. Iron and vitamin B12 are examples of nutrients that are necessary for this to happen.
- Healthy brain development. Omega-3 fats are needed for normal brain development.
- Normal strengthening of bones. Vitamin D and calcium, as well as magnesium, are part of the process of increasing bone mineral density so children can have strong bones when they grow up.
- Normally developing joints and muscles. Vitamin C, calcium, and magnesium are all needed for this to occur.
- Healthy heart and other organs. Vitamin D, calcium, magnesium, and folic acid are some of the micronutrients that kids need to have normal organ function and development.
- Strong immune system. Zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin A are a few of the essential nutrients that children need to fight infections as they grow.
The Kids Multivitamin Plus with Omega-3 Topical Patch has 22 essential vitamins and minerals, including calcium, all of the vitamins, zinc, and magnesium. It also has omega-3 fats, including DHA and EPA, as well as lutein and coenzyme Q10.
Kids who are healthy get to do more. They get to go to school, learn more, play more, and have more fun. Is it worth making sure they have the nutrients they need?
How Vitamin Patches Can Be Easier Than Oral Supplements for Kids
If you’ve ever tried to get your children to swallow something they don’t want to swallow, you know how tough it can be. In fact, it can be impossible, or at least a major battle. If your children don’t want to eat something, they let you know about it. Even if a multivitamin is marketed towards kids, there’s no guarantee that your own children will like its taste.
There’s another benefit of patches compared to oral supplements. With capsules, chewable tablets, or liquids, there’s a risk of gastrointestinal distress with digestion and absorption. With vitamin patches, this doesn’t happen. The nutrients don’t go into the stomach and through the digestive process. Instead, they cross from the surface of the skin into the bloodstream.
More Tips for Making Vitamin Patches Work for Your Family
Here are some tips for making it even easier to use vitamin patches for your entire family.
- Make it a daily routine by doing their patches at the same time every day. You might, for example, apply patches after brushing hair in the morning. Even if they’re too small to know the daily schedule yet, it’s a good habit for them to grow up with, just like brushing teeth twice a day.
- Turn applying vitamin patches into a family event that you do together. You can put your own vitamin patch or patches on at the same time as you help your children put on their patches. For children who are in preschool or early elementary school, it’ll be fun for them to be able to act just like their parents.
- If you think your child might try to take it off during the day, apply it to an area of skin that the child can’t reach. That might be on the back, for example.
Additional Sleep Support from the Sleep Aid Topical Patch for Kids*
You’re certainly not alone if you wish your children would go to sleep faster or sleep for longer. You’re also not alone if you fear habit-forming sleep aids that can be dangerous. That’s why we developed the PatchAid Sleep Aid Topical Patch for Kids.* It has herbal ingredients such as lemon balm, lavender, and chamomile. It’s completely natural.
Keeping your children nourished as they grow up can help them maintain normal growth and development.* The Kids Multivitamin Plus with Omega-3 Topical Patch from PatchAid has essential vitamins and minerals to supplement diets, as well as antioxidants. Plus, it’s easy to use! Ask your child’s pediatrician if it might be a good choice for your child!
*The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. PatchAid patches are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone with a medical condition should seek the advice of a licensed medical practitioner. Individual results may vary.