Glutathione is one of the oldest known biological antioxidants in the world. It has been around for over 1 billion years, and low levels may be related to aging. The PatchAid Glutathione Plus Patch contains glutathione and other antioxidants in an easy-to-use form to supplement what you may already be producing in your body or getting from the diet.
Roles of Glutathione
The PatchAid Glutathione Plus Patch was formulated with these critical roles of glutathione in mind.
- Antioxidant to reduce cellular damage from oxidative stress
- Normal liver cell health
- Normal insulin sensitivity and blood sugar levels
- Regular immune function
The main components of glutathione are amino acids called glutamine, cysteine, and glycine.
Reasons for Decreasing Levels
Your body can produce some glutathione, but there are reasons why you may have decreasing levels.
- Natural production decreases with age.
- Lack of adequate sleep may reduce glutathione production.
- Low intake of foods with glutathione. These include lean proteins, such as chicken and fish, beans, lentils, nuts, eggs, onions, and cruciferous vegetables.
With lower glutathione levels, you could be at risk for certain health conditions.
PatchAid Glutathione Plus Patch for Supplemental Glutathione
You can increase your consumption of glutathione by focusing on certain foods, but their glutathione may not be that high compared to a supplement. For example, a cup of broccoli has about 10 mg of glutathione, and an ounce of walnuts has 1 mg. In comparison, the PatchAid Glutathione Plus Patch has 100 mg.
If you feel that your glutathione levels may benefit from a boost, ask your doctor to be sure that a supplement is the right choice. Then consider the PatchAid Glutathione Plus Patch.
Supporting Nutrients and Antioxidants
The PatchAid Glutathione Plus Patch has numerous antioxidants and nutrients to support glutathione and its roles in the body. These include:
- Vitamin B2: needed for healthy metabolism and energy production.
- Vitamin C: an antioxidant that supports normal immune function.
- Milk thistle: a source of an antioxidant called silymarin that may also support normal blood sugar control and liver function in the body.
- Selenium: an essential mineral with antioxidant properties.
- Alpha lipoic acid: an antioxidant that has been studied for effects in reducing problems associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
Along with the PatchAid Glutathione Plus Patch, eating a healthy diet and living an active lifestyle can support normal function of body systems and regulation.
Oral glutathione supplements can lead to gastrointestinal discomfort, such as cramping or bloating. Using the PatchAid Glutathione Plus Patch instead means that you can avoid all potential side effects linked to absorption and digestion.
The PatchAid Glutathione Plus Patch is easy to use. Just find a clean, dry area of skin without much hair. Apply the patch by peeling off the easy-peel backing and placing the sticky part on the skin. Leave it on for up to 8 hours and go about your business, including if you want to work out or take a shower. As long as your doctor agrees, it is fine to use the PatchAid Glutathione Plus Patch with other PatchAid patches.