Everyone knows you take your vitamins by eating them. Right? Well...that is not true when you use a PatchAid vitamin patch! Crazy as it sounds, your body can get vitamins without you eating them. So how does it work?
Here is how PatchAid patches can deliver vitamins, minerals, and other ingredients into your body without being eaten. As always, check with your doctor before using any vitamin patch or dietary supplement.
Source of Vitamins in Patches
When you take capsules, chewable tablets, or liquid supplements, the ingredients are in those media. When you take PatchAid patches, the ingredients are in the patch. There is a specific layer of the patch that contains the active ingredients. One neat thing about patches is that they can often hold higher amounts of certain nutrients, and a greater variety, than oral supplements.
How Your Skin “Eats” Vitamins
Okay, your skin doesn’t “eat” vitamins. But it does allow the vitamins to get from the source (the PatchAid patch) to the destination (your bloodstream). While oral supplements go into your mouth to your stomach and intestines for digestion and absorption into the bloodstream, this is what happens when you use patches.
- The nutrients and other supplement ingredients are in the adhesive layer of the matrix style patch.
- The heat and moisture from the skin trigger the ingredients to begin to leave the patch.
- The ingredients begin to move across the outer layer of the skin, the stratum corneum.
- After they are absorbed into the capillaries, or small blood vessels, the ingredients are circulated in the bloodstream.
That way, the ingredients get into the bloodstream and around the body without needing to be eaten and digested. So, you do not need to worry about side effects such as digestive discomfort, or about timing such as whether to take your vitamins with or without food.
Just stick the patch onto a clean, dry area of skin without hair. Leave it on and go about your regular activities, including exercise or taking showers. Then take it off up to 8 hours later. By that time, the vitamins will be absorbed from the patch.
Designed for Function and Comfort
Why would you want to take your vitamins through your skin, anyway? One reason to avoid capsules and other oral supplements is that some people really do not like them. They can be uncomfortable to take or can taste bad. These are some other reasons.
- Some people are unable to swallow capsules, such as after bariatric surgery.
- PatchAid patches are designed to have higher quantities of nutrients and a wider variety than may be possible in a capsule.
- Transdermal absorption when using a patch means that there is no chance of digestive issues as there is when you use capsules to get your nutrients.
PatchAid patches are easy to use. They stay on for the whole 8 hours. They stick to all skin surfaces as long as they are clean, smooth, and dry when you put them on. And they are comfortable to wear, even when exercising.