Iron deficiency is the most common micronutrient deficiency in the world! It is not just common in low-income countries. In the US, 1 in 8 women of child-bearing age are deficient, and many more groups are at high risk, too. It can be hard to get enough iron from your diet, but PatchAid Simply Iron and Iron Plus Vitamin Patches are rich in iron and related nutrients.
Iron Deficiency Risk and Symptoms
Women of reproductive age are at risk for iron deficiency, but they are not the only ones. You may be at risk if you fall into any of these categories.
- Children and adolescents who are growing.
- You follow a vegan or plant-based diet, or you avoid rich sources of heme iron such as red meat or fish.
- You exercise intensely.
- You have a condition that involves increased bleeding, such as celiac disease, gastritis, or inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- You had weight loss surgery, such as gastric bypass.
- You are overweight or obese.
Iron is part of the component in red blood cells that binds oxygen so it can go to cells in the body. If you are deficient in iron, you might have symptoms of anemia. Some of the symptoms result from not having enough oxygen delivered to cells in the body. Symptoms can include the following.
- Shortness of breath, especially when trying to climb stairs or exert yourself.
- Increased infections, such as many colds.
- Brittle nails
- Sores at the corners of the mouth.
A doctor can assess your risk for iron deficiency or order simple blood tests to help diagnose it.
PatchAid Iron Patches
PatchAid Simply Iron has 50 mg of iron and 90 mg of vitamin C. Iron is essential for healthy blood cell formation and a strong immune system. Vitamin C helps your body absorb and use iron.
The Iron Plus Vitamin Patch has 500 mg of vitamin C for an antioxidant boost. You may want to ask your doctor about the Iron Plus Vitamin Patch for additional supporting nutrients. Along with iron and vitamin C, it has these ingredients.
- Vitamin A - needed for proper immune function
- Vitamin B9 - essential for healthy red blood cell formation
- Astaxanthin - has antioxidant functions
Benefits of Patch for Iron
You may need supplemental iron if you are not getting enough from your diet, if you already have a deficiency, or if you are at risk for a deficiency for other reasons, such as impaired nutrient absorption. PatchAid Simply Iron Patch and PatchAid Iron Plus Vitamin Patch are easy to use.
- Just stick them onto clean, smooth skin for up to 8 hours.
- They do not cause gastrointestinal discomfort or other side effects related to absorbing oral supplements such as capsules or chewables.
- They do not cause constipation, which is a major problem with oral supplements.
Living with iron deficiency can be tiring and unhealthy. PatchAid Simply Iron and Iron Plus Vitamin Patches have high amounts of iron, as well as vitamin C to promote absorption and utilization. Be sure to ask your doctor about preventing iron deficiency and whether Vitamin Patches may be right for you.