Vitamin patches are increasingly popular, but what do you really know about them? Keep reading if you are thinking about using vitamin patches or are just curious about how they work and what their benefits are. These are some FAQs on vitamin patches, how they work, which ones may be right for you, and what PatchAid Vitamin Patches have to offer that other brands may not.
What Vitamins Can I Get in a Patch?
Actually, you can get close to any vitamin and essential mineral in a patch, not to mention omega-3 fats, antioxidants, herbal ingredients, and more. The PatchAid line-up includes the following.
Why Would I Choose Vitamin Patches Over Oral Vitamins?
There are many reasons to consider vitamin patches over oral vitamin products in the form of capsules, chewable tablets, melts, liquids, and gummies.
- You may not like swallowing oral products or you might not like their taste.
- Some oral vitamins can compete with each other for absorption, so you may need to take them at different times from each other.
- You may need to be careful to take various nutrients on an empty stomach or with food, and that can be confusing.
Who Should Use Vitamin Patches?
Anyone can use PatchAid Vitamin Patches, as long as your doctor agrees. These are some select groups of people who may get even more benefits from patches compared to sticking with oral capsules, tablets, or gummies.
- People who need higher amounts of vitamins, since patches can contain large amounts of nutrients without forcing you to swallow a monster-sized capsule.
- People who need a wide variety of vitamins or other nutrients, since it’s okay to use multiple patches at once without worrying about interfering with digestion or absorption because vitamins are absorbed across the skin rather than in the digestive tract. You can use up to 8 PatchAid Vitamin Patches at once.*
- People with malabsorption or other digestive disorders, since oral supplements can be poorly absorbed or can cause side effects such as an upset stomach.
- Bariatric surgery patients, who may have malabsorption and/or higher nutrient needs.
The list continues, but it’s best to ask your healthcare provider if you might benefit from switching to patches.
Can Everyone Use Vitamin Patches?
PatchAid Vitamin Patches are designed to be hypoallergenic, and they are free from latex, sugar, gluten, and soy products. However, if you notice that your skin becomes irritated or is red or itchy, or develops a rash when using vitamin patches, discontinue use immediately and consult a healthcare provider.
How Do I Use Topical Vitamin Patches?
It couldn’t be easier! Here are the steps to using PatchAid Vitamin Patches.
- Select an area of skin. The vitamin B12 patch will stick better if you choose an area of skin without hair, lotion, or oil residues such as your shoulder, back, or hip. Clean and dry the skin.
- Remove the vitamin patch from the release liner.
- Adhere the vitamin patch to your skin, pressing firmly.
- For best results, it is recommended to wear PatchAid vitamin patches for 8 hours. There is no additional benefit of wearing the B12 patch longer than 8 hours.
- When finished, remove the vitamin B12 patch, fold it in half, and discard.
- Repeat with a new vitamin patch the next day.
How Do Vitamin Patches Work?
Topical patches have vitamins or other nutrients and active ingredients that are suspended in a matrix. When you apply the patch to your skin, the heat from your body activates the ingredients. They can go across your skin, or be absorbed transdermally. They enter your bloodstream in capillaries, or tiny blood vessels, which carry the active ingredients into larger blood vessels. Then the active ingredients can be taken around your body.
Do I Have to Limit My Activities When Using Vitamin Patches?
Other vitamin patches might fall off if they get too wet or you move around too much, but PatchAid Vitamin Patches are designed to stay on as you go about your day. You can swim, shower, and exercise with your patch. There is no trouble if you get them wet, and they are flexible so that they can move with you without falling off.
What If I Don’t Want People to See My Vitamin Patch?
No problem! PatchAid Patches are designed to be discreet so people won’t focus on how they look. They come in light tan colors, and many PatchAid Vitamin Patches are available with a clear backing.
You can also choose to apply your patch to an area of skin that will be covered by clothing so that people can’t see your patch when you’re out and about. Another option is to use PatchAid Patches overnight while you’re sleeping.
What Makes PatchAid Patches Different?
PatchAid patches have some special features, such as these.
- Easy peel backing, so you don’t tear the patch before using it
- Hypoallergenic to avoid irritating skin or causing reactions
- Satisfaction guarantee
How Can I Save Money on Vitamin Patches?
PatchAid has all kinds of ways for you to save!
- Free shipping on select orders
- Regular promotions that you can see at PatchAid.com
- Rewards Points that you can earn by purchasing patches, writing reviews, and more
- Subscriptions that come with deep discounts (and ensure you’ll never run out of vitamins)
What If I Have More Questions?
We are here to help! You can open a Chat from any page on the PatchAid site 24/7. Or, you can go to the “Contact Us” page and leave a note, email us, or phone us. We love hearing from customers!
*The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. PatchAid products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone with a medical condition should seek the advice of a licensed medical practitioner. Individual results may vary.